In this educational series, written and presented by Terry Hill, get a little taste of “all things telemetry.”
This session covers performance metrics and continuous-phase modulation (Tier 0, Tier 1, and Tier II), then starts into the topic of demodulation, examining trellis vs. single-symbol.
This session continues the subject of demodulation, covering the Data Quality Metric, diversity combining, and synchronization. It then moves on to channel impairments, with details on adaptive equalization as one impairment-mitigation technique.
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 2: PowerPoint and Related-Videos Download (212 MB)
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 2: PowerPoint-Only Download (22 MB)
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 2: Presentation in PDF format
Related videos (to view online):
The training continues with a review of five more impairment-mitigation techniques – Best Source Selection, Best Channel Selection, Space-Time Coding (STC), Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) Coding, and auto-tracking antennas – then wraps up with a look at using all the tools together and a performance comparison and summary.
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 3: PowerPoint, Link Budget Worksheet, and Related-Video Download (85 MB)
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 3: PowerPoint-Only Download (26 MB)
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 3: Link Budget Worksheet-Only Download (1 MB)
- TM Smorgasbord – Day 3: Presentation in PDF format
Related video (to view online):
Advanced Modulation Techniques for Telemetry
Short Course conducted at ITC in 2017 by Terry Hill.