Quasonix digital multi-mode telemetry transmitters are the benchmark of the industry, providing unparalleled performance and value, in small, robust, power-efficient packages. The TIMTER™ transmitter, now in its third generation and smaller than ever at 4.1 cubic inches, offers the most versatility of any transmitter in the industry, with advanced capabilities like L/S/C frequency tuning and output power up to 25 Watts.
Quasonix transmitters offer three different modulations of increasing spectral efficiency – PCM/FM, SOQPSK-TG, and Multi-h CPM – also known as ARTM Tiers 0, I, and II, at standard bit rates from 0.1 to 28 Mbps (0.05 to 14 Mbps for PCM/FM). Options (HR/LR) are available to extend the upper limit to a maximum of 46 Mbps (23 Mbps for PCM/FM) and the lower limit to a minimum of 50 kbps (25 kbps for PCM/FM). With bandwidth at a growing premium in flight test telemetry, you can take advantage of 2 to 2.5 times the data capacity of the legacy PCM/FM waveform with SOQPSK-TG and Multi-h CPM.
RF Output Power
- 10 mW, 1 W, 5 W, 10 W, or 20 W
- S band also available in 25 W
- Lower L band (1435.5 MHz – 1534.5 MHz)
- Upper L band (1750.0 MHz – 1855.0 MHz)
- S band (2200.5 MHz – 2394.5 MHz)
- L/S band
- C band (4400.0 MHz – 4940.0 MHz)
- C band with “mid” option (C + 5091.0 MHz – 5150.0 MHz)
- L/C band
- S/C band
- L/S/C band
- TTL or TIA/RS-422 (RS-422)
- Outputs from 10 mW to 25 W and optional variable power – all while drawing less current than the competition
- Supports migration to 4400-4950 MHz and 5091-5150 MHz bands at 5 W or 10 W
- Automatic Data Rate Tracking
- As long as the external clock remains within specified data rates, the transmitter will automatically adjust to it with no programming or configuration required
- Bypassable Randomizer
- Standard IRIG-106 fifteen-stage randomizer, for applications with non-encrypted data
- Straightforward configuration and control and platform-independence with serial terminal programming
|TIMTER™ Transmitter Manual||Jan-2020|
Installation and operation of Quasonix’s TIMTER™ Multi-mode Digital Telemetry Transmitters.
|TIMTER™ Transmitter Datasheet||Oct-2019|
Features, options, specifications, and select accessories for Quasonix’s range of multi-mode telemetry transmitters, including nanoTX™ and nanoPuck™.
|Receiver and Transmitter Catalog||Feb-2020|
Catalog of products including Rackmount and Compact RDMS™ Telemetry Receiver, nanoTX™ Telemetry Transmitter, TIMTER™ Telemetry Transmitter, and the Rack-Mount Receiver Analyzer.
Available on Most Transmitters
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Error Correction System
- Multiple hardware-selected presets (2, 4, 8, or 16)
- Wide input voltage range
- Clock generator output to baseband connector
- Randomizer output to baseband connector
- Dual power (two settings, “high” and “low”)
- Variable power (32 discrete power level settings, spanning 24 dB)
- Clock-free baseband interface
- High bit rate option increases maximum bit rate to 46 Mbps (23 Mbps for Tier 0)
- Low bit rate option decreases minimum bit rate to 50 kbps (25 kbps for Tier 0)
- Parallel port frequency programming
- Parallel port mode selection
- Automatic carrier wave output
|Receiver and Transmitter Low-Density Parity Check Guide||Sep-2019|
This technical guide introduces Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) encoding, its uses and benefits, the Quasonix products it is available for, and considerations for optimal set-up and use.
|Receiver and Transmitter Low-Density Parity Check Datasheet||Oct-2019|
The Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Forward Error Correction mode improves link margin equivalent to nearly tripling the operating distance on your telemetry link.
|IRIG 106-13, Appendix N Interpretation||Apr-2019|
Explains Quasonix’s standard transmitter protocol and how transmitters with the C7 option (IRIG 106-07 control protocol) will behave differently.
|Adapter Plate for 2.5″ x 3.5″ Footprint||This adapter plate allows for the standard 2” x 3” TIMTER™ to be mounted to the larger 2.5” x 3.5” mounting surface occupied by other industry transmitters. Part Number: QSX-AP96|
|Heat Sink Thermal Pad||2″ x 3″ Thermal Pad, Bergquist QPAD II, 0.006″/0.152mm thick, for use with heat sinks. Part Number: QSX-AC-TXTP|
|MDM-15 RS-422 and TTL Wiring Harness||Female MDM-15 connector wiring harness with banana plugs for power and ground, BNC connectors for both RS-422 and TTL clock and data, and a DB-9 connector for serial control. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM15-HARNESS-PIN-VR|
|MDM-15 RS-422 Connector with Pigtails||Female MDM-15 connector with 36-inch pigtails. For RS-422 clock and data. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM15-36-PIN|
|MDM-15 RS-422 Wiring Harness||Female MDM-15 connector wiring harness with banana plugs for power and ground, BNC connectors for RS-422 clock and data, and a DB-9 connector for serial control. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM15-HARNESS-PIN|
|MDM-15 TTL Connector with Pigtails||Male MDM-15 connector with 36-inch pigtails. For TTL clock and data. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM15-36-SOCK|
|MDM-15 TTL Wiring Harness||Male MDM-15 connector wiring harness with banana plugs for power and ground, BNC connectors for TTL clock and data, and a DB-9 connector for serial control. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM15-HARNESS-SOCK|
|MDM-9 Female to MDM-9 Male Harness||MDM-9 Female to MDM-9 Male Harness, 18 inches. Part Number: QSX-AC-MDM9MF-HARNESS|
|Ruggedized Handheld Programmer||The easiest way to remotely control transmitters and receivers without a bulky computer or monitor. Part Number: QSX-AC-HHPROG-1050-B|
|Transmitter AC-Powered Heat Sink||Fan-cooled, AC-powered heat sink for transmitters. Used for testing at the bench; not airborne approved. Part Number: QSX-AC-32-HS-12V (formerly QSX-TIMTER-HS-12V).|
|Transmitter Digital Frequency and Mode Switchbox||Transmitter digital frequency and mode switch box with MDM-9 connector allows configuration without the use of a computer. Part Number: QSX-AC-DSWBX|
|Transmitter-Powered Heat Sink||Fan-cooled heat sink for 2″ x 3″ transmitters for airborne applications. Operates from 21 VDC to 34 VDC, powered from existing transmitter wiring. Part Number: QSX-AC-HS-28V-SP|
|Transmitter-Powered Heat Sink Wiring Harness||External wiring harness for fan-cooled heat sink for 2″ x 3″ transmitters. For airborne applications. Part Number: QSX-AC-HARNESS-HEATSINK-TX|
|USB to Serial Converter Cable||Allows for transmitter configuration using a computer that has a USB port but no serial ports. Part Number: QSX-AC-USBSER-CONV|
|Transmitter Handheld Programmer Datasheet||Oct-2019|
Features of the ruggedized programmer, which is the easiest way to remotely control transmitters without a bulky computer or monitor.
|Transmitter Heat Sinks Datasheet||Oct-2018|
Quasonix offers different types of integrated and add-on heat sinks, as described in this datasheet. Please contact Quasonix for heat sink recommendations for your particular TIMTER™ transmitter.
|Transmitter Handheld Programmer Manual (Gen 2)||Aug-2019|
Operation of the 2nd Generation Quasonix Ruggedized Handheld Programmer, which is designed to facilitate setting up transmitters for operation.
|Transmitter Switchbox Manual (Gen 2)||Aug-2019|
How to set up and use the second-generation digital frequency and mode switchbox, released in 2018, for TIMTER™ transmitters.