Last updated Friday, October 11, 2019
Quasonix, Inc. owns and operates the https://www.quasonix.com website.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. These are our core principles regarding the use of personal data:
- We will only collect the information necessary to provide you services you request and to improve our service for you.
- Any personally identifying information will only be collected with your consent.
- We will never sell your personal information. It will only be used by Quasonix and our local sales support to provide you with requested services.
- We will only retain the information for the time period necessary.
- We will be happy to respond to any concerns about the data collected and will delete it if you wish.
Personal data is any information that can be used to personally identify a specific individual. Examples include your name, email address, and IP address.
This is the personal data we collect, the method of collection, and its purpose.
|Purpose||Collection Method||Information||Retention Period||Note|
|Sales support, technical support, and requests for information||Contact form||First name (optional), last name (optional), email address, IP address||Through the period of providing service or of using the data for our legitimate interest, whichever is longer||The email address is required for communication. The IP address helps us determine whether the message is spam or legitimate. This information is stored by and only accessible to Quasonix and (if relevant) sub-contracted local sales support.|
We may also collect personal information that you give us during your communication with us regarding our services, such as technical support threads.
In addition to the above, we may need to use your personal information for audits and compliance with our legal obligations under applicable law.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information to the appropriate governing authorities. In such cases, we will disclose the personal information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities and reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We also may retain aggregated data such as IP addresses only as long as needed to enhance the operation of our website, improve our internal marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze website use, improve our product and service offerings, and customize our website’s content, layout and services in order to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer our website and to gather demographic information.
Users of our site are responsible for any third-party personal data published or shared through our site and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the information to Quasonix, Inc.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Improve the user experience. For example, if you leave a comment, you will have the option of having your name and email address remembered for the next time you might comment.
These are the cookies you may see placed in your browser:
|Purpose||Cookie Name||Retention Period||Note|
|User experience||comment_author_6fdbc3a9be167e7110d02018b66a8b35||1 year||This cookie is set if you leave a comment and opt to have your name and email address remembered for the next time you might leave a comment.|
|User experience||comment_author_email_6fdbc3a9be167e7110d02018b66a8b35||1 year||This cookie is set if you leave a comment and opt to have your name and email address remembered for the next time you might leave a comment.|
|Website improvement||_ga||2 years||This cookie is set by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. It is used to distinguish visitors.|
|Website improvement||_gid||1 day||This cookie is set by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. It is used to distinguish visitors.|
|Website improvement||_gat_UA-139869518-2||1 minute||This cookie is set by Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. It is used to throttle request rate to the Google server.|
If you wish, you can instruct your browser to delete existing cookies, refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being set. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our site.
We honor all “Do Not Track” (DNT) requests. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behavior.
Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so
- We need to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- To comply with the law
When we share personal data with local sales support for the purpose of providing service you have requested, that local sales support acts a Data Processor and is contractually obligated to maintain privacy in accordance with our policy. These are the countries where our local representatives are located:
- BDSI: France
- Instrumentation Devices: Italy
- NPrime: United Kingdom
These companies provide local support in their own countries, and BDSI provides local support for all other EEA countries.
Processing of newsletter subscriptions is carried out through MailChimp, a third party appointed by us as Data Processor, located in the United States.
As a resident of the EEA, you have the right to:
- information about the processing of your personal data;
- obtain access to the personal data held about you;
- ask for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data to be corrected;
- request that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed or if processing it is unlawful;
- object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases;
- receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to another controller (‘data portability’); and
- request that decisions based on automated processing concerning you or significantly affecting you and based on your personal data are made by natural persons, not only by computers. You also have the right in this case to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
Please contact us if we can help you in respect to any of these.
If you are dissatisfied with our collection and use of your personal information, you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority in the EEA.
Your Rights Under The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
These rights will become effective January 1, 2020.
If you are a resident of the state of California, you have the right to:
- know what information we collect, where the information comes from, what it is used for, and whether it is being disclosed or sold;
- opt out of allowing us to sell your personal information to third parties;
- have us delete your personal information, with some exceptions; and
- receive equal service and pricing from us even if you exercise your privacy rights under this Act.
Please read the Personal Data section of this page to understand the details of the information we collect. All of your personal information is used only by Quasonix and its local sales support to provide service to you. We do not sell nor have we ever sold any personal information. Feel free to contact us regarding any questions you may have or to request deletion of your personal information.
This website is intended for commercial use by telemetry professionals. As such, our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, please contact us and we will remove that information from our servers.
Links To Third-Party Sites
Our service contains links to sites that are not operated by us, such as Google Maps and social media sharing. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We recommend that you review their Privacy Policies before actively using their site. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
6025 Schumacher Park Drive
West Chester, OH 45069
Contact phone: +1 (866) 787-6649
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website contact form: www.quasonix.com/contact