DMSTM Telemetry DemodulatorsQuasonix’ multi-mode, multi-symbol trellis demodulator shatters performance benchmarks of the industry’s previous standard-bearers.
Unlike its competition, the DMS offers multi-symbol trellis demodulation for all ARTM waveforms (PCM/FM, SOQPSK-TG, and MULTI-h CPM), thus providing superior detection capabilities when the signal-to-noise ratio is less than desirable. In fact, PCM/FM detection is at least 3.5 dB better than single-symbol trellis demodulators, while SOQPSK-TG detection yields an improvement of at least 2 dB.
Not only will the DMS detect at higher bit error rates, but it will also synchronize much faster than the competition. The result is better data, sooner. Not only that, but its synchronization threshold is extremely low — approaching negative signal-to-noise ratios.
The new rack-mount unit can house one or two demodulators in a single 1U, 19" rack-mount chassis, and it includes an intuitive front panel interface with four high-quality 65k color, 176 x 220 pixel displays. In the standard configuration of two demodulators per chassis, the DMS comes with four sets of clock and data outputs, two sets of analog I and Q outputs, two SDI outputs for compatibility with the RF Networks 2241 Best Source Selector, an Ethernet port for remote operation, and a USB port for upgrading firmware.
- True Trellis Demodulation in all ARTM Modes
- Trellis detection is the only way to provide optimal performance for ARTM Tier 0, I, and II. This is the only demodulator on the market with trellis in all three ARTM modes.
- 3.5 dB Improvement in PCM/FM Performance
- This second-generation multi-symbol demodulator improves BER performance by 3.5 dB to 5 dB over the best single-symbol demodulators, to within 0.2 dB of the theoretical limit.
- Modulation Index Tracking for PCM/FM (patent pending)
- Superior BER performance is maintained even if the received signal's modulation index changes by up to +/- 15%, unlike first-generation multi-symbol demodulators.
- Best SOQPSK-TG Detection in the Industry
- The only demodulator with trellis detection for Tier I, SOQPSK-TG, yielding improvements of 2 dB or more over the competition's single-symbol detectors.
- Rapid Synchronization
- Up to 100 times faster, and maintains sync at lower signal-to-noise ratios, than other ARTM demodulators on the market.
- Integrated Bit Synchronizer
- Bypassable De-Randomizer
- Standard IRIG-106 fifteen-stage de-randomizer
- Optional Diversity Combiner
- Digitally-implemented pre-detection diversity combiner option available for dual demodulator rack mount configuration
- Rack-mount version with one or two complete demodulators
- Double-speed SOQPSK-TG to 46 Mbps (Airborne model)
- Ruggedized handheld programmer
- MDM-15 connector and pigtail cables